May is the best month to sell a home, according to a recent analysis by ATTOM Data Solutions, which found that, on average, sellers saw a premium of 12.8% above market value when selling in May. June and April are the second and third best months to sell, with sellers receiving average premiums of 10.7% and 10.3%, respectively. The analysis studied over 51 million home sales between 2011 and 2022 and found that the largest premiums were achieved by sellers who sold in late spring and early summer.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING MAY 13:
- New Listings decreased 26.1% to 1,422
- Pending Sales decreased 13.0% to 1,128
- Inventory decreased 2.3% to 6,500
FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL:
- Median Sales Price decreased at $368,580
- Days on Market increased 64.3% to 46
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 3.6% to 100.1%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 33.3% to 1.6
All comparisons are to 2022
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.